Be Prepared - Get Involved - Be a Leader
Preparing you for life is what we're all about.
- Respect for others
- Fair play
- Environmental Awareness
Qualities that today's youth and child need to prepare for the adult life ahead:
. . . They need role models
. . . They need caring, understanding and leadership
. . . They need someone to help give them self worth.
Be a Leader
Take up the challenge
Preparing for life is what we're all about.
You can make it happen!
Being a Leader has its Rewards
- Feel Good About Yourself
- You'll get used to that good feeling that you're helping someone prepare for life.
- You'll be suprised at the kids in your group, from different backgrounds and cultures. It will become a learning experience for you too.
- Top-notch training
- You'll learn skills and secrets that you never dreamed of and you'll have fun teaching the kids.
- You'll develop friendships with other adults that will last a lifetime.
- Gain Experience
- You'll have lots of fun, have a million stories to tell and it will look good on your resume.
- Inexpensive, Yet Rewarding
- Most groups pay for uniforms and training courses. In return you will better your life, your storehouse of knowledge, and you will gain a million dollars worth of satisfaction.
They Need You in the Picture
We Need You in the Picture
To volunteer your help, call Scouts Canada at 1-888-726-8876, extension 617,
or e-mail Whitby Scouts at
Leaders are needed for young men and women, boys and girls from 5 years old up to 26. Find out more about Scouting's various age sections and their programs.
Send comments about this page to